Saturday, June 6, 2009

As we go on, we don't quite remember all the good times

We don't quite remember our friends as we graduate. I mean really, who still keeps in touch with all of those friends who you told "I promise to get together when we're both home on college break," gave and big hug a cheesy grin to. Not many can say they have.


We grow older. We become successful in our college towns and often end up staying through the summer instead of rushing out of the dorms to get free rent at Mom and Dad's or Grandma's (like my brother had). I have come to realize that this summer is a turning point for me. I am not one of those who are rushing home to the slightly restricted, but rent free lifestyle of mom and dad's. This summer I am on my own a quite independent. I am taking 12 hours in summer class, working 2 jobs and volunteer and various places to get more experience in my field.


This summer I will spend my birthday more than likely alone. I have made many friends here, some who stayed, some who left, but on a Monday I doubt anyone will want to go out. I work in the morning, then there is college in the afternoon past 9pm and I must wake up and do it all over again the next day. I can picture what my birthday would be like at home and pulls my heart a little because I know this summer I am making a big change.



Since I last wrote:

-I have gotten a dog. He's been a good companion and protection.

- Fallen more in love with my boyfriend. I hope he realizes soon I want to be engaged. I need the security of commitment.
- Rented a house with a big back yard and lots of space to spread out. I live with 3 good friends.
- Put on a few pounds


I suppose those are the major events.
I also suppose those people who were following me no longer use this.
I graduate next August with my Bachelors. I will only be 20.

No comments: